Penguin - Shabbat
Pickup available at Luster, A Gift Boutique
Usually ready in 2 hours
The author of Sababa returns with a collection of good-for-the-soul recipes that embody the spirit and pleasures of Shabbat
As a child, Adeena Sussman looked forward to the magic of Shabbat—the traditional Jewish day of rest—all week. A treasured time when family and friends come together to relax, unwind, and revel in one another’s company during open-ended, tantalizing meals, Shabbat has been practiced all over the world and throughout history. In Sussman’s home, then and now, the Shabbat table is a centering force, a nourishing place where one and all are welcome. It’s an opportunity every week to feed the soul.
Because tradition dictates that the Sabbath is reserved for downtime, Shabbat cooking is all about smart techniques and sound prep. Nostalgic, cozy mains like Fig & Pomegranate Brisket and Bubbe’s Extra-Crispy Potato Kugel are crowd-pleasers and require little hands-on attention. Sides and bright salads like Moroccan Carrot Salad, Roasted Kohlrabi, Cherry & Feta Salad, and Sweet & Tart Eggplant Salad are best served at room temperature. With staples like Amba (pickled mango spread), Tomato Jam, and Schug-a-churri (a blend of Yemenite and South American condiments) on hand, it’s easy to punch up flavor and find something delectable to slather on challah. And from the showstopping Lemon Black-Sesame Bundt Cake to the rich comfort of Vegan Rice Pudding, there’s always something special for dessert.
Woven throughout the recipes is a rich portrait of Shabbat in Israel, where it is practically a national holiday. Taking us inside the kitchens and traditions of local cooks who have shared their most beloved recipes, Shabbat brings to life Sussman’s adopted home country with transporting, slice-of-life storytelling. Deeply personal and brimming with life, Shabbat inspires us all to embrace the delights of Shabbat. Now more than ever, Shabbat cooking is what we all need.SEE LESS
How much does shipping cost?
- At this time, we ship only in the United States.
- Shipping is free on orders $75 and over.
- Regular shipping rate is $7 for standard delivery.
- Expedited shipping rate is $15.
How long does it take for my order to ship?
- We do our best to ship orders out within 2 to 3 business days after it has been placed.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number once your order ships. The tracking number for orders will include an estimated delivery day.
- All orders are shipped directly from our store in Cleveland, OH.
Can I make a change to my order before it ships?
- We highly recommend that you review your order information before submitting, as we typically process and ship the next business day. If your order remains unfulfilled and without a tracking number, we may be able to make adjustments to your order. Please email our customer support team with your order number at email@example.com.
- Please ensure your mailing address and email are correct at checkout as we are unable to make changes to this once the package has shipped.
My order is missing or missing items, what do I do?
- If you're missing items or shipments or if you have any concerns about the products you received, contact us within seven days of the delivery date. Please make certain to ship to a secure location as we will not process returns or re-ship orders once the tracking shows delivery confirmation.
- Luster, A Gift Boutique is not responsible for package deliveries affected by an invalid or old address provided by the customer or weather delays. You will receive a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number once your order ships. The tracking number for orders within the U.S. will include an estimated delivery day.
What is your return policy?
- Regularly priced merchandise can be returned for a full refund within 7 days of receiving it. All merchandise must be returned with tags attached and clothing must be unworn, unwashed, and free from any stains or odors.
- Once we have verified the condition of the return, we will process the refund to your method of payment. Full refunds will be subjected to a $7 shipping fee.
- In the case that merchandise is returned in poor condition and without the tags, we reserve the right to refuse future returns.
What if my return is after 7 days?
- Returns made between 7-14 days will be given store credit subjected to a $7 shipping fee.
- We will not accept returns after 14 days.
How do I initiate a return?
- Shoot us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org with you name and order number.
- We provide a return label through our portal. We do recommend dropping your package off at your nearest UPS location as soon as possible.
- Please allow up to two weeks for your return to be processed once received at our warehouse, and 1-3 business days for refunds to be processed to your original form of payment.
What if I want to return an item that I received as a gift?
- If you would like to return an item that was gifted to you, please email email@example.com with the buyer’s name and order number. The buyer will not be contacted; it will simply help us find the order and act as proof of purchase.